Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

the makings of the nursery PART 1

as promised, I want to keep everyone up to date on the nursery situation thus far.  in order to make this seem organized and structured (in order to avoid me stressin'...which i do now....alot) I will break it down into the major pieces and update you on each one.  I will do Parts 2, 3, etc of this post until we finish.

  1. Walls
  2. Furniture
  3. Bedding/Textiles
  4. Decor
  5. Functional Items (changing pads, organizers, nightlights, etc)
  6. Closet Organization
So those are the major items...some are more involved than others.  Part 1 of this post is less exciting than you may think, as it only involves 1 or 2 of these items. BUT, we have put quite a bit of effort into it up to this point...so you better act excited.  Here is the update:
  1. Walls: we have completely finished this portion.  First we added batten and board wainscoting (which I can provide more details and pictures of if anyone is interested), then we painted the ceiling (which you can't even tell from the picture), then crown molding, then wall paint.  The paint color is called "tame teal" but I like to call it Aqua. See the before and after pictures below.
  2. Furniture: We have started looking at furniture and know what we like, but we haven't purchased anything yet.
  3. Bedding: I have ordered the bedding, but I think I am going to withhold until it comes in to show exactly what I bought...as a sneak peek, see the last picture, which shows one of the fabrics against the wall color
  4. Decor: Nothing
  5. Functional Items: nothing....although I am looking at light fixtures now (i forced chuck to take the ceiling fan down).  I may ask for light fixture advise soon. 
  6. Closet Organization: nothing
            




No comments:

Post a Comment