Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

going backwards a bit.

so i think i jumped the gun a bit.  i started at 7 weeks; i should explain what happened for the first 6.  for the first 3 weeks and 5 days, i was in the dark (the first 2 weeks don't even count, it is weird how they time these things...).  

3 weeks, 5 days: May 17.  I had a hunch...not sure why.  this was not expected, something just told me to pee on a stick.  so i did...twice.  and this is what i saw
tricky huh...?


those things are hard to figure out, but with google on my side i started feeling comfortable with that fact that if you can see ANYTHING at all for a second line...it is POSITIVE.  Save your money, you don't need to buy more (all though i did, i bought 2 more and they were digital, and they were fool proof).  

I texted chuck the infamous..."CALL ME ASAP". I desperately wanted to wait and tell him when he got home (he was in Austin, for work), I even wanted to wait and tell him on our first anniversary...but that was a WHOLE week.  I couldn't even wait an hour...he called, i spilled it within the first 30 seconds.  Chuck was excited, i was nervous....what the heck do I do now?  Google research consumed all of the 3rd and 4th week. I booked my first appointment for May 7 (6 weeks 4 days..i didn't know that then).   I'll save the first appointment for another post...it needs one all on its own.

By week 5 i was starting to have symptoms, nothing extreme, but i felt different (bloated, sore, hormonal), at this point it was starting to sink in that the next 9 months were going to be very different from the last 10 years of my life.  (this still hasn't fully hit me, 2 weeks later).  

Once week 6 rolled around, i was the poster child for pregnancy symptoms.  everything you read, i had.  We were traveling to Gallatin to see most of the immediate family (including Chuck's parents) and I wanted to tell them so bad, but we hadn't even seen the doctor yet (and wouldn't until the Monday after...what if something had gone wrong, or what if this was all in my imagination (unlikely).  We told them anyways, and I am glad I got to see everyone's reaction.  I made personalized Christmas cards telling each couple about their special present that would be arriving near Christmas this year...it didn't take too long for them to catch on, in fact I think mom screamed within 2 seconds of opening the card. 

after the weekend in Gallatin, we were anxiously awaiting meeting our doctor and our little gummy bear for the first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment